Monday, January 21, 2008

A minor setback, Day 20

So I've been pretty darn sick since Friday night, fevered, dizzy, with no appetite. Sunday Kirk ventured out, bought a thermometer and we discovered my temperature was 103. So we headed to stat care (closed), then the ER. Turns out I just have a nasty virus so they gave me a power dose of motrin to break my fever and sent us on our merry little way.

I hadn't eaten since breakfast Saturday morning and this was Sunday night around 8:00, so I decided to break the diet for a meal to get my strength back up. I thought the most effective and non-upsetting thing would be to have some whole grain noodles. This turned out to be a mistake on several levels. First, they tasted awful and secondly a few hours later I had awful acid reflux, stomach cramps, and nausea. I got up around 1:30 a.m., threw up a little, and sat up watching TV until around 6:00 a.m.

So I'm back on the diet today and intend to add an extra day onto the end to make up for yesterday's breach.

2 comments:

Zaina Marie said...

Have you been to Vegiterranean yet?

Mombi said...

Nope, haven't gone yet. They don't have anything "raw" on their menu, just all vegan.